Our first Victor Walk in 2013, was a huge success nationwide, and since then we have been working to keep the momentum high with the community we’ve built up together. This year, our team will be walking an extended route for five days from Edmonton to Calgary, to bring a very bright spotlight on the horrors of childhood trauma. Eight million Canadians have suffered from shame and pain of childhood trauma long enough.
The exact details of the route will be released soon, but here’s where the 2015 Victor Walk Tour will be heading and when:
- July 21: Be Brave Ranch, Sherwood Park
- July 21: Edmonton, Whitemud Park at 12 pm
- July 22: Leduc – Wetaskawin – Ponoka – Lacombe
- July 23: Red Deer, Downtown Arena at 10 am
- July 23: Rocky Mountain House, the Brick parking lot at 4 pm.
- July 24: Bowden Institution at 9am (closed to public)
- July 24: Town of Bowden, Friendship Centre at 1 pm.
- July 24: Airdrie
- July 25: Calgary, Eau Claire Plaza (in front of YMCA) at noon.
- July 25: Siksika Nation, Healing Arbor at 4 pm
We encourage you to join your own community walk, or if you live along the route that we are walking, meet us during the walk to cheer us on. Please click here to find out how you can organize a Victor Walk in your area, and be a part of one of the greatest teams ever assembled to make a difference on behalf of childhood trauma.
Sister Victor Walks have been organized in the following communities:
- Grand River area: July 25th at 1 pm, meeting at Waterloo Town Square. View the Facebook event for full details.
- Halifax: July 25th at 11 am, meeting at Cogswell Street by the Oval. View the Facebook event for full details.
- Toronto: July 25th at noon, meeting at Old City Hall. View the Facebook event for full details.
- Grand Prairie: July 25th, details TBD. View the Facebook event for full details.
- Vancouver: July 25th at noon, details TBD. View the Facebook event for full details.
- Lethbridge: July 25th at noon, meeting at the corner of Mayor Magrath Drive and 6th Avenue South. View the Facebook event for full details.